Here are some great projects to add value to your home:
- Replace Sinks and Faucets â€“ You can expect to recoup 70-80% of kitchen remodeling work when you sell your home.
- Add a Blacksplash â€“ Consider spending the time and energy on grout and tile.Â It will appeal more to buyers and will only add around $100 to your supply cost.
- Install Vanity Cabinets and Toilets â€“ Look for modern water-saving models that will save on water bills and appeal to energy-conscious buyers when itâ€™s time to sell.Â On average, this provides a 172% return.
- Paint a Room â€“ Lighter shades generally make a room feel larger, neutral shades will appeal more to buyers.Â You will see a 250% return on your investment with freshly painted interior walls.
- Install Crown Molding â€“ Itâ€™s a feature most appreciate by buyers and could be one thing that sets you apart from other homes in your neighborhood.Â This wonâ€™t add value but you will set yourself apart and make a lasting impression.
- Get Organized â€“ Improvements to functional space is just as important as the ones that make it look better.Â Focus your efforts on the garage, basement and closets.
- Replace the Front Door â€“ This is the first thing buyers see when entering your home.Â Expect 129% returnÂ from a steel door.Â Donâ€™t forget the door handle and lockset, a sturdy door handle feels good and gives a sense of security!
- Landscaping â€“ First impressions, if the outside isnâ€™t appealing then what does it say about the inside?Â Even the most basic landscaping projects can add $1,500-$2,000 to the value of your home.